Last Updated: August 2023
Marketing communications from us will have instructions on how to “opt-out.” If you do not wish to have your contact information used by ZenBusiness to promote our own or third parties’ products or Services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Services and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to ZenBusiness as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We collect information you provide when you:
- Make a request to receive information about ZenBusiness or our products;
- Navigate through a ZenBusiness website or mobile application;
- Apply or sign up for a ZenBusiness account or other Services;
- Go through our identity or account verification process; authenticate into your account; communicate with us; answer our surveys, upload content; or otherwise interact with the Services.
We call this information that we collect “Account Data”. Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Identification Information, such as:
- Name, email address, postal address, signature, and phone number;
- Passport number, driver’s license number, Social Security number, Taxpayer Identification number, or other government-issued identification number;
- Tax information;
- Transaction Information, such as information about when and where payment transactions occur, the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices;
- payment methods used to complete the transactions;
- Other Information you provide, such as information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your survey responses; participation in contests, promotions, or other prospective seller marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions you perform on the Services.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We collect the following information from your use of the Services:
- Commercial information, such as information about the products and services you sell (e.g., inventory, pricing and other data) and information about your payment transactions (e.g., when and where the transactions occur, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and payment methods used to complete the transactions);
- Electronic information, such as web browser and device characteristics;
- Geolocation data, which includes the location of your device. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information from your mobile device, please see below;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, which includes information about how you use and interact with our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, the domain name of your internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your use of the Services, your search terms, and the website you visited before you visited or used the Services;
- Online identifiers (e.g., information you use to log in to your account), IP address, and unique personal identifiers (including device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number; unique alias, and other identifiers);
- Professional or employment-related information, such as information you provide about your business; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about you that may reflect, for example, your preferences, characteristics, and behavior, including for account security purposes or to enhance our Services to you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
- Background check information, including credit report information, identity verification information, and information about any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship;
- Publicly available information, including public records of criminal convictions and arrest records;
- Social media information;
- Credit, compliance and fraud Information about you from third parties for any credit investigation, credit eligibility, identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law. This includes, without limitation, the receipt and exchange of account or credit-related information with any credit reporting agency or credit bureau, where lawful, and any person or corporation with whom you have had, currently have, or may have a financial relationship, including without limitation past, present, and future places of employment, financial institutions, and personal reporting agencies.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM ZENBUSINESS MONEY CUSTOMERS
We also obtain information about your ZenBusiness Money customers on your behalf when they transact with you. We call this information: Your Customers’ Data. We collect Your Customers’ Data when they transact with you through your use of our products, for instance when they receive an invoice from you. The Customers’ Data we collect will vary depending on how you use our current and future products and services and which products and services you use. Your Customers’ Data may include, as applicable:
- Identification information. Your customers’ name, email address, or telephone number, which we link to a tokenized version of their payment card number.
- Device Information. Information about Your Customers’ device, including hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Financial Information. Bank account and payment card numbers.
- Identification Information. Your Customers’ name; email address; mailing address; phone number; government-issued identification; or other historical, contact, and demographic information, and signature.
- Location Information. The location of Your Customers’ devices if they make a mobile payment.
- Transaction Information. When Your Customers use ZenBusiness Money to make or record payments to you; we collect information about when and where the transactions occur; the names of the transacting parties; a description of the transactions which may include item-level data; the payment or transfer amounts; billing and shipping information; and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Use Information. Information about how Your Customers transact with you using our Services, including access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, IP address, the domain name of Your Customer’s Internet service provider, other attributes about Your Customer’s browser, mobile device and operating system, features Your Customer uses, and the date and time of use of the Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect, use and share, information about you for the following reasons:
- To use our Services or to present our Services and their contents to you; to contact you if you start but fail to complete sign up for the Services; delivering the information and support your request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages such as to resolve disputes, collect fees, and help with problems with our Services;
- Developing new products, interactive features and services;
- Displaying your historical transaction information;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services;
- To complete forms and file documents with the state;
- Processing or recording payment transactions or funds transfers;
- Providing, maintaining, or improving our Services including our website and mobile apps;
- Performing internal research, measuring, tracking, and analyzing usage and performance trends;
- Sending you surveys about the Services;
- Promoting our products and services to you or your customers;
- Conducting investigations and complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal requirements, industry standards;
- Responding to lawful requests for information from government agencies;
- Contacting to resolve disputes, chargebacks, and collecting fees associated with use of our Services;
- Verifying your identity;
- Investigating, preventing, detecting and reporting fraud, security incidents, or other potentially prohibited activities involving your account;
- Protecting the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- Marketing our services to you;
- For any other reason we may tell you about from time to time.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
A note about accuracy: Services like OpenAI and ChatGPT and other artificial intelligence services generate responses by reading a user’s request and, in response, predicting the words most likely to appear next. In some cases, the words most likely to appear next may not be the most factually accurate. For this reason, you should not rely on the factual accuracy of output from these models. If you notice that OpenAI or ChatGPT output contains factually inaccurate information about you and you would like us to correct the inaccuracy, you may submit a correction request to email@example.com. Given the technical complexity of how these models work, we may not be able to correct the inaccuracy in every instance. In that case, you may request that we remove your Personal Information from OpenAI and ChatGPT’s output by filling out this form. See here for instructions on how you can opt out of our use of your content to train OpenAI and ChatGPT models.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- With other users of our Services with whom you interact. This includes your customers when you issue an invoice;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- To third parties from which you have opted to apply for, receive quotations, products, or services or otherwise opted to do business with (for example, our business partners), for your convenience and in order to facilitate your use of their products or services. You will know that you have done so by clicking on the prompt or link to such third party business partner (who will be identified as you do so);
- When you authorize a third party application or website to access your information;
- With service providers that help us run our advertising campaigns;
- With our service providers who help us maintain our Services in the areas of fraud detection and identity verification;
- With financial institutions, payment networks, payment card associations and other entities that help us provide the Services;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including transmitting to your law firm, registered agent and various state or federal agencies;
- With your consent at your direction at the time you choose to share your information;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
When you interact with our online services, or open emails we send you, we obtain certain information using automated technologies, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Often cookies contain a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your device, but can contain other information. Cookies serve many different purposes, including to help remember your preferences or allow our Services to function.
There are different types of cookies:
- Cookies are “persistent”, “permanent” or “session”:
Persistent and permanent cookies remain on your device even after you have gone offline. These cookies will remain on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration specified in the cookie file itself.
Session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- Cookies can also be “first-party” or “third party”:
First-party cookies are cookies that are placed by ZenBusiness or a third party for us.
A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag, or clear Graphic Interchange Format (“GIF”), is a tiny graphic image that may be used in our websites or emails.
Similar technologies are technologies which enable the entity using it to track your user behavior. This can be done by HTML5 Local Storage, pixels, tags, Flash cookies (also known as “local shared objects” or “LSOs”), and other web application software methods, all of which store information in your browser or device. We may employ Flash cookies in certain situations where we use Flash to provide some content such as video clips or animation.
We use these automated technologies to collect your device information, internet activity information, and inferences as described above. These technologies help us to:
- Remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it;
- Track and understand how you use and interact with our online services and emails;
- Tailor our online services to your preferences;
- Measure how useful and effective our services and communications are to you;
- Otherwise manage and enhance our products and services.
You can find information on changing your browser settings to opt-out of cookies in your browser settings, or manage your cookie preferences on the ZenBusiness homepage’s consent management banner. If you disable some or all of the cookies the service, or parts of the service may not work.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
We may use third party analytics tools to help us with our Services such as Google Analytics, Firebase, and/or Facebook. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs to help us analyze how you use our Service. This means that third parties may show our ads on sites across the Internet based upon your previous visits to our website. Together with third parties, we may use these cookies and web beacons to report how your ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to your visits to our site. We may disclose your information, including your IP address, to the service providers to help us analyze how you use our Service.
ZenBusiness may send promotional emails, SMS messages, notices and other forms of communication through third party marketing tools and to users who have opted in to receive such messages. Your personal contact information including email, phone number, home address, and other contact information, will not be shared with third party advertisers to promote their services.
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the ZenBusiness homepage’s consent management banner. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/ or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
- To learn more about how Facebook uses your data please visit https://www.facebook.com/help/325807937506242/ or log on to your Facebook account and access your settings. To understand more about Facebook advertising please see here https://www.facebook.com/about/ads.
- To learn more about Appsflyer, please visit https://www.appsflyer.com/trust/privacy/.
- To learn more about Mixpanel, please visit https://mixpanel.com/legal/terms-of-use/.
- To learn more about Salesforce Marketing Cloud https://www.salesforce.com/company/legal/.
- To learn more about Twilio, please visit https://www.twilio.com/legal/tos
- To learn more about Mailchimp, please visit https://mailchimp.com/about/security/.
- To learn more about Auth0, please visit https://auth0.com/about.
- To learn more about Intercom, please visit https://www.intercom.com/legal/privacy/.
- To learn more about Rokt, please visit https://www.rokt.com/rokt-shopify-platform-services-agreement/.
- To learn more about OpenAI, please visit https://openai.com/policies.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
ZenBusiness is committed to preventing our Services from being used to facilitate money laundering, fraud, and other financial crimes, including terrorist financing. In addition, to comply with Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) requirements, we screen your account against government watch lists. We therefore may request that you provide us with documentation to help prove your identity or the identity of your business for verification purposes.
Our product and services are directed to users 18 years and older and are not intended for minors, who we define as children under the age of 13. As such, we do not knowingly collect information from this age group. Our verification process is intended to prevent ZenBusiness from collecting their data. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Service or on or through any of its features/register on the Service, make any purchases through the Service, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Service or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.If any information is collected from a minor without verification of parental consent, it will be deleted. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as California’s “Shine the Light” law permits residents of California to request certain details about information we may disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights Act
The California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”) requires us to provide additional privacy-related information to residents of California. If you are a California resident, please note the following about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information, including additional rights you may have to your personal information:
- Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information. We may collect certain categories of information about California and residents, such as:
- Identifiers: name, address, email address, date of birth, telephone number(s), identification numbers (e.g., passport number, drivers license), social security number, IP address, and MAC address;
- Commercial information: external account number, transaction history and how you use the Service to receive or transfer funds.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity: information collected through cookies and web beacons; Geolocation data, such as device location and Internet Protocol (IP) location; and Other information: information provided in the course of participation in promotional or rewards programs, third party personal information provided to enable the transfer of funds to the recipient, information lawfully obtained from third parties, including credit reporting agencies and identity verification and database service providers, and information you provide during recorded communications with our customer support team.
- We do not collect the following categories of sensitive personal information: health information (e.g., biodata), genetic data, racial and ethnic origins, religious beliefs, union membership, content of postal mail, email, and text messages, unless ZenBusiness is the intended recipient of the subject communications.
- Sources of Personal information. Personal information is provided directly by you (or by the devices you use) via your transactions with us and the network and when you use our Service. Personal information is also provided by other third parties, including but not limited to, consumer reporting agencies, identity verification services, and publicly available sources.
- Use of Personal information. We may use your personal information as follows:
- Identifiers: To process your transactions; to verify your identity; to collect payment for your use of the Service; to troubleshoot problems with the Service; to comply with applicable laws and regulations; to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service; to send marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers;
- Commercial information: To process your transactions; to verify your identity; to collect payment for your use of the Service; to troubleshoot problems with the Service; to comply with applicable laws and regulations; to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service; to survey information that will be used to monitor or improve the use of our Service and overall customer satisfaction;
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity: To process your transactions; to verify your identity; to collect payment for your use of the Service; to troubleshoot problems with the Service; to comply with applicable laws and regulations; to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service; to send you or your customer marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers; to survey information that will be used to monitor or improve the use of our Service and overall customer satisfaction; to administer the Website; and/or for interest-based advertising and other marketing purposes;
- Personal information Sold or Disclosed for Business Purposes.
- Sharing Personal information for Business Purposes: In the preceding twelve months, we may have shared the following categories of personal information for business purposes: Identifiers, Commercial Information, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity, and Other Information.
- Sale of Personal information: We share information collected from cookies and web beacons, such as how you interact with our site and information collected from your activity on the web, with advertising technology partners to create user profiles and present tailored advertising messages based on your preferences. This approach is called interest-based advertising.
- California Privacy Rights: As a California resident and subject to certain exceptions, you may have the right to access, correct (rectification), and/or delete your personal information. You also have the right to request information about the personal information we have “sold” or “shared” for business purposes, by contacting us at email@example.com. You may request the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
- Verification. To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before responding to such requests, and may request you provide us your name, email, drivers license, and transaction history, or additional proof where necessary. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not be able to honor your request. You will not be penalized for exercising your rights to your personal information.
- Do Not Share or Sell My Personal Information. You also have the right to opt-out of ZenBusiness “sharing” or “selling” your personal information as defined under CPRA, CCPA and the CPA and ways to control the cookies and internet-based information you may share with us. You can manage your cookie preferences on the ZenBusiness homepage’s consent management banner. If you disable some or all of the cookies the service, or parts of the service may not work You can always restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by going to your browser settings. You can also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from third party advertisers who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt out pages on the NAI website and DAA website. Please note that cookie-based opt outs are applicable only to the browser and device you use when you opt out. If you wish to opt out across all devices, you must replicate your choices across each device, including your mobile device. In addition, if you clear or delete your cookies on that browser or device, you will need to reset your cookie opt out. If you are making this request on behalf of someone else, we may request the authorized agent provide us a signed power of attorney.
Note on California Secretary of State: Effective April 7, CA SOS introduced restrictions that will require all CA SOS filings to be submitted by logging into a user account. In order to purchase Worry Free Compliance, some customers will be required to grant ZenBusiness permissions to their account.
If your ZenBusiness account has a Colorado mailing address, we are providing this notice pursuant to Colorado law. For more information, you can contact ZenBusiness at 5511 Parkcrest Drive; Suite 207; Austin, TX 78731 or you can contact the Office of the Colorado Attorney General, 1300 Broadway; 10th Floor; Denver, CO 80203 ; telephone number: (720) 508-6000.
If your ZenBusiness account has a Connecticut mailing address, we are providing this notice pursuant to Connecticut law. For more information, you can contact ZenBusiness at 5511 Parkcrest Drive; Suite 207; Austin, TX 78731 or you can contact the Office of the Connecticut Attorney General, 165 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106; telephone number: (860) 808-5318.
If your ZenBusiness account has a Nevada mailing address, we are providing this notice pursuant to Nevada law. For more information, you can contact ZenBusiness at 5511 Parkcrest Drive; Suite 207; Austin, TX 78731 or you can contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; telephone number: 702-486-3132; email: Aginfo@ag.nv.gov.
If you have a complaint, first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company’s money transmission or currency exchange activity, please direct your complaint to the Texas Department of Banking: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78705-4294; 877-276-5554 (toll free); www.dob.texas.gov.
If your ZenBusiness Money account has a Vermont mailing address, we will not share personal information we collect about you with non-affiliates unless the law so allows or you provide authorization.
If your ZenBusiness account has a Virginia mailing address, we are providing this notice pursuant to Virginia law. For more information, you can contact ZenBusiness at 5511 Parkcrest Drive; Suite 207; Austin, TX 78731 or you can contact the Office of the Virginia Attorney General, 202 North Ninth Street, Richmond, VA 23219; telephone number: (804) 786-2071; email: email@example.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging in to your ZenBusiness Money Account at any time or by making a request to us inside the ZenBusiness Money app or at the contact email below. We will need to verify your identity before changing your contact information.
If you wish to close your ZenBusiness Money Account with us, you can do so by logging onto the ZenBusiness Money app or at the contact email below.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, or any feedback pertaining to this Privacy Notice or our Services that you would like us to consider, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at:
5511 Parkcrest Drive, Suite 103
Austin, TX 78731