You need a new phone system. Don’t just take it from me, take it from my friend Jay whose small business was transformed when he upgraded to a new phone system. Like many small business owners these days, Jay fell into the trap of thinking that BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) was how he had to do business, because that is what his staff expected and wanted. But after losing out on a few potential deals when calls from clients were either lost or never returned, Jay decided that he needed a centralized, professional small business phone system.
“It’s one of the smartest decisions I have ever made,” says Jay. “Everything runs better now. I should have done this long ago.”
The fact is, tools for enhancing your productivity come in all shapes and sizes. Everything from noise-canceling headphones that help you work while traveling, to upgrading your computer or laptop can have an impact on your productivity – and your bottom line. But let’s face it: Communication is what drives business. This means that, like our friend Jay, you need to have the latest communication tools at your disposal.
THIS CHANGE ALONE COULD VERY WELL LEAD TO MORE BUSINESS…
As such, upgrading to a new phone system is likely one of the single best steps you can take to boost your productivity, but also to effectively communicate with your clients and therefore grow your business.
Let’s take a look at the top five reasons why investing in a new phone is a smart idea:
1. Increased Productivity: A new phone system, like the AT&T Syn248 Business Phone System means less wasted time and, just as importantly, fewer missed and unreturned calls. Outdated phone systems can result in problems that include everything from dropped calls and inoperative voicemail to customers giving up when no one answers the phone.
But the newest generation of phone systems has been designed from the ground up with an eye towards being affordable, intuitive and simple to install. The Syn248 in particular is easy to use: Just plug it in and talk, and add up to 24 users and 8 lines. How easy is that?
2. Look and Be More Professional: If you want your customers and clients to take you seriously, then you simply must have the proper tools of a modern office, including and especially, a great phone system.
And yet, that cool phone system is about much more than just “looking” more professional. A new phone system will actually make your company more professional. Why? Having built-in voicemail, having calls routed properly – it all adds up to a better, more professional office and presentation.
This change alone could very well lead to more business.
3. The Newest Generation of Phone Systems Are Surprisingly Affordable: Many business owners mistakenly think they cannot afford a modern phone system. But they are wrong. The fact is, much of the functionality comes standard. Indeed, as indicated, a good small business phone system like the Syn248 does not require professional installation or maintenance. Small business owners who check out landline phones love the fact that they can get “big business” features at a very small business friendly price point.
4. New Phone Systems Incorporate New and Highly Useful Technology: Call screening, easy expansion options, dial-by-name functionality, access to VoIP and support for numerous extensions are just some of the features your business will have access to with today’s new phone systems. In addition, the Syn248 is easy to manage with intuitive web-based administration capabilities and sophisticated call routing. You will find that these features really do make your business more effective.
5. You Need to Keep Up with Your Growing Business: There are many steps that you can take to help your business grow, regardless of its current size. Given the importance of communication, it’s only logical to consider upgrading how your company communicates with the world. The business world has changed, in part, because the world of communication keeps growing and improving. For this reason, you need a modern phone system that can help you adapt to those changes, both today and tomorrow.
New technology is great, but new technology that can grow with your business and adapt to your needs? Now that is terrific.
By: Steve Strauss
Senior small business columnist at USA TODAY and author of 15 books, including The Small Business Bible.