If you are a Pokemon card collector, or if you know someone who is, then this article is for you! Pokemon cards were first created in 1996 by Nintendo. They were designed to be played on top of a game board with an opponent. The object was to defeat your opponent’s pokemon before they could defeat yours. There are two types of cards: trainer cards and energy cards that can produce various effects during gameplay.
The original set had 151 different pokemon characters which included all 100 original starters from the Red/Blue video games plus 50 other pokemon not originally featured in the TV show or video games at the time (but would later be featured in the anime, manga, or video games).
Why You Should Consider Investing In Pokemon Cards
One thing to keep in mind is that there are some really valuable cards out there, such as a Charizard card from 1999 that was valued at $150 back then and now has an estimated value of $2,000! According to Card Collector, Charizard cards are set to increase in value. That means those having rare Charizard cards can expect to get a good return from them should they choose to sell. So it’s important to watch the popularity of the cards you want to invest in.
1. They’re A Great Investment For Kids
They are a great way for kids to start investing. They can be bought for cheap and sold at a higher price. Due to the rarity of some cards, collectors can make a pretty penny should they have one or more of them in their collection. A part of the appeal is the nostalgia that these cards carry with them. Pokemon also represents a bit of pop culture for the time period thus increasing the value of the cards.
2. They’re Also Fun To Collect And Trade
Pokemon cards are a great way for kids to have fun and collect them too! They can trade with friends so they don’t get bored of all the cards. Plus, they’re a great way for kids to learn about money and value.
3. You Can Start Investing With A Small Amount
You can invest with as little as $20, and you don’t need to be a millionaire. That means you can start your collection and slowly build your way up. Of course, more prized cards will cost more but you can decide when and how you want to spend your money on them. It’s also important that you do your research on the cards before investing in them too!
Something else you should know is that Pokemon cards are usually sold one of three ways:
– Booster packs (packs containing random cards). Booster packs are great for those who want some variety in their collection. They usually come with 12 random cards, but the price varies depending on the set.
– Boxes of theme decks (contains a fixed number of predetermined Pokemon cards). Theme decks are great for those who have a fixed budget and want to try investing in Pokemon cards without spending too much at once. These boxes contain 50 or 60 predetermined cards already so it’s best you avoid buying these if you’re looking for some variety.
– Display box sets (with at least four booster packs plus bonus promo items like collector’s pins). Display box sets are usually the best for those who have a little bit of extra money to invest in Pokemon cards. They contain at least four booster packs plus bonus promo items like collector’s pins, so you can get more bang for your buck compared to buying individual boxes or boosters. The downside is that they’re quite expensive so you’ll want to be sure that it’s something your kids will really enjoy.
As far as investment goes, there are some factors to consider. First of all, you should always invest in something that will be growing in the future. So what factors determine if Pokemon cards grow?
- The rarer a card is (usually determined by how many copies were produced), the more it’s worth.
- A percentage of rare cards may be damaged or have dents that reduce their value.
- Cards printed in a different language are generally worth more than the English version.
You should also consider how much you are willing to invest. Remember: You can easily spend hundreds or thousands depending on the cards you’re after! If your budget does not permit that level of investment right now, then start small and work your way up. If you have a little extra money to invest, then consider buying individual cards instead of boxes. This may be a bit more expensive but it’s also safer and will give you the opportunity to see if this is something that interests or excites both yourself as well as your kids! All in all, investing in Pokemon cards can be a profitable venture that’s also a lot of fun!