SEO is an important part of every online marketing strategy. Even though it doesn’t bring results as fast as PPC and quantity link building, the right approach to search engine optimization will guarantee an impressive user conversion rate. Fortunately, there are enough professionals ready to help to build the audience.
But how long does SEO take to work? Can it bring the results faster? And how to tell that the chosen strategy is even working? Let’s answer these questions!
Why Does SEO Strategy Take so Long?
SEO isn’t about simply gaining views and likes from bots. The main purpose is to increase organic traffic, not to imitate it.
Normally, the SEO process takes approximately 4-8 months to show its results. It can take longer than expected due to several reasons:
- Stiff competition. If there are too many players competing for the audience’s attention, website owners need to be a bit more patient. It’s worth allowing an SEO agency to continue working on improving search engine rankings, even if the results are going to be somewhat delayed;
- Changed algorithms. Not so long ago, YouTube brought changes to its ranking system, so a lot of videos that were expected to be rated highly by the hosting didn’t reach its top. If SEO results aren’t as fast as expected, there’s a possibility of the platform “changing its mind” about prioritized ranking factors;
- Poor SEO. It’s hard to find a professional digital marketing agency to get the job done. Unfortunately, sometimes, due to the lack of experience, marketers come out with ineffective SEO campaigns. If there are no other possible reasons for poor SEO performance, hiring another agency might be a better option rather than trying to fix a strategy that fails to work.
How to Win Over Search Engines Faster?
Implementing SEO is a long process. However, some recommendations will help to accelerate it a bit:
- Hire SEO professionals. A competent and experienced marketing agency will provide better search results for your website faster than new kids on the block;
- Use popular social media. It never hurts to improve search visibility by reminding the audience about your site on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms;
- Have a realistic view. If an SEO campaign requires using more inbound links, paying closer attention to other search engines, or additional technical SEO work, it will be beneficial to invest in these actions.
How to Know If My SEO Efforts Are Not in Vain?
Given all the abovementioned information, how to tell that a website is on its way to the first search engine results pages? Look for these telltale signs of SEO success:
- Increased traffic measurements. If a person types the request in Google Search Console and clicks a link leading to your website, it’s already a good result;
- Increased average session duration. If a person doesn’t simply visit your site but spends a fair amount of time on it, it’s an excellent result;
- Improved keyword rankings. This means that there are enough keywords on the pages to be put at the top of Google Search;
- Your audience got bigger. This one says for itself.
To Sum Up
SEO is an effective way to use the search intent for your benefit. To stay in touch with the process and not miss possible warning signs, it’s important to understand its basics. With the information received from this article, you’ll be able to tell the difference between good and bad SEO services.
Scott James is the manager of brand strategy at Greenleaf Book Group, a publisher and distributor best known for its innovative business model, distribution power and award-winning designs.