Vermont Articles of Incorporation

How to File Articles of Incorporation in Vermont

Learn how to file Articles of Incorporation in Vermont today using our fast, expert services and support.


Launching a corporation might seem like a daunting task. Our useful point-by-point guide is designed to help you navigate this unfamiliar territory and file your Vermont Articles of Incorporation with ease.

A vital step in the corporation start-up process is filing Articles of Incorporation. This is a formal document outlining your business structure, shares, and legal entity name. It’s filed with the Vermont Secretary of State’s corporation division and will be part of the public record.

How to Complete the Articles of Incorporation Form

When you download the form from the Secretary of State’s business service center, you’ll notice a few key pieces of information are required. We’ve discussed these sections in the bulleted list below.

Foreign (out-of-state) corporations need to apply for a Certificate of Authority before conducting business in the state. The forms require the same details mentioned above, but additional documents will need to be attached.

Once completed, you can either mail the forms or upload them online.

Include supplemental form(s)

If you’re registering a professional corporation, you’ll need to attach your professional license. Foreign corporations need to attach a Certificate of Good Standing that is no older than 30 days.

How to Submit the Form

Ensure you have the necessary filing fees ready. The fees need to be paid during the filing process. Filing online is quicker and takes one business day to process, while if you choose to mail documents, it can take anywhere from seven to 10 business days.

Once you submit your Articles of Incorporation, you’ll have to make sure you keep up to date with all filings and keep track of documents so you stay in good standing. To put your mind at ease and free your time to do other things, try our Worry-Free Compliance service.


If you want to Incorporate in Vermont, then the most important document to file is your Articles of Incorporation. We can help you; simply sign-up for one of our business formation plans, and we’ll help you hit the ground running.

Vermont Articles of Incorporation FAQs

  • What does it cost to incorporate in Vermont?

    Check the Vermont Secretary of State website to see what the most current information is on fees and methods of payment available.

  • How long does the incorporation process take in Vermont?

    This depends on how you choose to submit your Articles of Incorporation. Filing online normally takes one business day, but it can take seven to 10 business days for documents received by mail.

  • Who processes the Vermont Articles of Incorporation?

    The Vermont Secretary of State processes your Articles of Incorporation.

  • What Vermont statute governs the Vermont Articles of Incorporation?

    The Vermont Business Corporations Act.

  • Do I need an attorney to file the Vermont Articles of Incorporation?

    No. You can file these documents yourself. However, it’s advisable to get a qualified professional to give your documents a once-over. It’s important to cover all of your bases.

File Your Articles of Incorporation

Learn How to File Articles of Incorporation in the Following States

Small-business owners

Ready to get started?

Get the fastest information, worry free services, and expert support you need.

Start Now

Start Your LLC Today