Trucking company name: Original Examples & Tips
- Five ways to create a great name for a transport company
- Examples of transport companies’ names
- How to use a name in branding
Customers expect accuracy, speed, and reliability from a transport company. You need to demonstrate these features in the company name. A simple, specific, catchy name is the best option to stand out in a competitive market. You will learn how to create such a name from the article.
See also: how to make up a name for a furniture company, cleaning company, or a construction company.
Five ways to create a great name for a transport company
- Specify specialization. Tell people about the services you provide: trucking, taxis, delivery of goods or people transportation. Use keywords in the title that will help you understand what questions to ask you.
- Highlight the benefits. The title will include words that promise benefits to potential customers: “accuracy”, “speed”, “reliable”, “fast”. To choose the right vocabulary, analyze the target audience. Answer the question: what problems do your services solve?
- Be unique. Have you chosen a niche? Carefully study your competitors and the words they most often use in their names. Try to get away from them with the original name. If customers confuse your company with another, it will not be good for your business.
- Remember about simplicity. A good name should be easy to pronounce, not ambiguous or negative, and versatile if you are going to work in foreign markets. One more thing: playful names with puns or romantic metaphors are inappropriate for transport companies.
- Use online generators. Such services structure your ideas into ready-made names. For example, the free ZenBusiness online generator will give you dozens of names based on a couple of keywords! Combine them endlessly until you get the best result. And based on the chosen name, you can create a logo and other elements of corporate identity in a couple of clicks – the whole branding will take a few minutes.
Creating a name for the company has never been that easy: enter the keywords and get many options!
Examples of transport companies’ names
We offer to get fresh ideas from the names of existing companies. Let’s take a look at what they used.
The first name of the company we know today as Uber was UberCab. “Uber” comes from the German “über” (“above”) and is used in the meaning of “the best”. This is the principle behind the startup. Later, the word “cab” was removed from the name, leaving only the main idea.
FedEx is an abbreviation for Federal Express. That was the name of the company in the early years when it worked closely with the US government. Later, the name was shortened to avoid negative associations with the word “federal”.
J.B. Hunt Transport Services uses wordplay in its name: Hunt as the founder’s surname, and a hunt as a notion.
Women In Trucking is the name of an organization that protects the rights of women-truckers. Such a name directly tells about the vector of the company’s activities.
How to use a name in branding
The main offline promotion tool is the cars themselves, as they can become mobile billboards. Place the name on the vehicle body or checkers (if you have a taxi service) and give customers advertising printed materials: business cards, brochures, and catalogs. Do not forget about online promotion: use the name on the site, social networks, email signatures, and other points of contact with customers.
When starting a transport business, take care not only of quality services but also of a beautiful original name. The name should convey the essence of the business, attract customers, and distinguish you from competitors.