How to do an Alaska LLC Name Search
Before forming an LLC in Alaska, a unique business name has to be found. See how to find if the LLC name you want is available to register.
The Alaska Secretary of State maintains the database of all the business entities and corporations that are filed in the state. The online database search tool is important when forming an LLC as every LLC in the state must have a unique name. By using the database, you can save considerable time as LLC paperwork will be returned should a name be requested that is already registered.
- Limited Liability Partnerships
- Limited Companies
- Limited Partnership
- Limited Liability Companies
Follow the simplified guideline below to help your search for available LLC names in Alaska.
Step 1 – Visit the Alaska Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development Corporation, Business and Professional Licensing website to go to the Search Page (it will look like the screenshot below).
Step 2 – Enter the name of the LLC you want to register in the “Entity Name” field. In this example, we will search for “Turf Ninja”.
As you can see from the screenshot below the name Turf Ninja is an LLC that is active and in good standing in the state. This means the name can’t be registered by anyone else.
Registered entities include detailed information which includes:
- Entity Type
- Entity Number
- Status – Good Standing or Not in Good Standing
- Home State
- When the next report is due
- Mailing Address
- Physical Address (PO Boxes aren’t allowed)
- Alaska Registered Agent name and address
- Officials in the organization (names, titles and amount of ownership)
- Copies of the certificate of Articles of Organization / Articles of Incorporation